Annual "Give & Go" Scholarship Award
About the Scholarship:
In the spirit of giving back to our community, Needham Youth Field Hockey is thrilled to announce the 2nd annual
“Give and Go” Scholarship Award.
This $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who best exemplifies the values of NYFH.
To be eligible for this scholarship applicants must:
1. Be a Senior at the time of application with the intention to graduate from Needham High School at the end of the school year
2. Have a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
3. Participate in an extracurricular activity (sports, theatre etc.); or club at the high school.
While not an eligibility requirement; special consideration will be made for candidates who meet all of the above and also wish to continue their field hockey/ athletic participation in college.
Application Must Include:
1. A hard copy letter of recommendation from ONE of the following:
A former or current coach, a high school teacher, a counselor or administrator. As an alternative, a letter of recommendation from a local business (i.e a current or former boss); or professional person is acceptable. Please send only ONE letter of recommendation.
2. Proof of overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
3. A hard copy original essay (with the applicants full name, email address and phone number in the upper left corner of document) containing at least 250 words, answering the following question:
As you enter adulthood, how will you take the skills you have learned in the classroom or on the playing field, court, rink, stage, mat, music room, etc.; and use them to create a positive impact on the lives of those around you?
Essay and all supporting documents must be placed in the same envelope and postmarked on or before April 1st, 2022
Please mail to:
Needham Youth Field Hockey
PO Box 171
Needham, MA 02492
The winning applicant will be notified on or before May 15, 2022 via email.